Answered

Is there any way to just copy an image on imgur to your own account without uploading it and wasting precious disk space?

Ian Muench 12 years ago updated by Sarah 12 years ago 1
Just wondering if this is possible. So I see an image posted to imgur that isn't mine, I want to use it as well but want to keep it in my albums. Is there any way to sym link it to my account to use it in the future? Or is the best way to just upload it to my account? Not sure if that makes  sense.

Answer

Answer
Answered
If the image you like is in the gallery, you can upvote it and it will be saved to your "liked" folder. Otherwise there is no way to do that. 
Making a copy is the only way out currently. And a safer one too. Because the original image could be removed by its uploader at a later stage. I am not sure if Imgur uses deduplication techniques for all the images that are currently hosted on their servers because there has to be massive amount of duplicates there! 

I guess Imgur developers would eventually add a feature to favorite images from other uploaders so that you can access them from your own account! Something that I used to do on Flickr when I was active there. 
Answer
Answered
If the image you like is in the gallery, you can upvote it and it will be saved to your "liked" folder. Otherwise there is no way to do that.