+5

I can see a picture load but then it goes black instead of being fully loaded. Only some pics. Not sure what the pattern is.

Sue hace 10 años actualizado por Hanne hace 10 años 2
Scenario:

I'm browsing reddit and use RES's preview to see a pic linked to imgur. 

Normally, if it's high-res I guess, it loads revealing the pic from top to bottom. I can see the top, the middle, etc. while the rest of the unloaded photo is blank or black. Then the entire photo loads, refreshes(?) and I can see the photo! Great.

I've been having this problem where certain pics (can't figure out the pattern) load from top, to top-middle, to almost-middle, to middle-after then it just goes black. I just saw at least half of the photo, but it just goes black. 

I click on the imgur link and the same phenomenon happens. There's just a black thing instead of the photo I almost saw.

Except- this doesn't happen to all photos! I just wanna figure out what's going on. : (

Does anyone else have this problem? I've tried "imgur" "load" "black" and other keywords but I haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem.

I am on a Mac using Safari. 
I have the same problem, and I have for some time - I would say since Safari 6.0. It *only* happens with Imgur images, so my guess is that Imgur is doing something non-standard when compressing images that Safari's image libs can't deal with. In fact, I often get pieces of images from other open tabs, leading me to believe this is a potential security issue with Apple's implementation. (Though not necessarily, given how it dispatches such tasks to untrusted processes)
I am having the same problem, but I'm usin an asus and use firefox :(